Seal Usage Guidelines
The Caltech seal is the official imprint of Caltech and appears in formal contexts such as diplomas, official offer and acceptance letters, presidential communications, and legal documents.
- Do not use it in conjunction with the Caltech logo.
- Do not crop or manipulate it in any way.
- The Caltech seal is not downloadable and may not be used as a graphic element without permission from the Office of Strategic Communications.
- The seal is always one color. The preferred presentation for the seal is filled in the Caltech orange (Pantone 165) color.
- It is also acceptable to produce the seal in solid black, or outlined in Caltech orange, black, or white.
- Never treat the seal in a color other than those outlined above.
- Never color in elements of the seal.
The minimum size requirements are .75" for print applications.